NTUC and other Three National Trade Union Centers organized protest rally to includes workers' agenda in the New Constitution
Published Date: 2015-08-18 12:23:48
Kathmandu, Nepal Four Trade Union namely (NTUC, ANTUF, CONEP and NEFON) has organized the protest rally in Kathmandu today. Thousands of trade union members attended the protest rally and urge the government and political parties to address the fundamental rights of the workers in the new constitution. Four TUs has brought attention of the Government and Political Parties on the following agendas.
- Formation of constitutional National Labor Commission
- Representation of workers in all the elected bodies of the state and participation into management.
- All workers who are working mentally and physically should be defined under workers definition.
- Voting rights for Nepali migrant workers as well as all workers from their respective work place.
- Right to legal strike
- Right to Social security for all workers including contributory social security scheme.
- Teachers service and other social service also should be included in Public service commission
- Ensure the fundamental rights of workers as a workers' rights